PROCUREMENT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
If you are interested in this position and are already registered, click Apply. If you haven’t registered yet, click Register and fill out the form to apply for this role.
Profession: PROCUREMENT MANAGER
Rotation: UNEVEN 120/30
Vessel type: Office
Country: SAUDI ARABIA
The Procurement Manager is responsible for sourcing, Foood & Beverage goods, services and managing vendors on country and x-country level. He is able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more cost effective suppliers. The Procurement Manager’s duties shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
The Procurement Manager functionally is responsible for the purchasing activities overall control.
The role perimeter shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
• To design, propose and implement the local Purchasing's Strategy, through a three years’ business plan presented to the General manager, which will include all the quantitative (P&L) and qualitative (Processes, Organization, Structure) parameters.
• Budgeting and forecasting related to all the purchasing done by the Company, including the goal of decreasing the country costs at the quality level assigned.
• To deal the main sourcing contracts at worldwide level, assuring the proper balance between category, territory, cost level, quality level according to the local and HQ policy.
Duties and Key responsibilities:
• Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
• Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers, paying particular attention to build and maintain good relationships with reliable vendors and suppliers.
• Negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided.
• Train and supervise the work of other members of staff, delegating projects and tasks to junior staff.
• Evaluate contracts to ensure compliance with legal requirements and organizational policies.
• Involved in writing up contracts and the terms of sales, examine and test existing contracts.
• Regularly contacting suppliers to renegotiate prices, craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms, delivering cost savings for the Company.
• Monitor supplier and vendor compliance with contractual agreements, resolving disputes and claims with vendors and suppliers. Oversee supplier compliance with internal quality standards and external regulations
• Measure and manage the vendor and supplier cost, quality and delivery performance
• Manage risk relating to quality, cost, delivery and supply of purchases
• Work with relevant departments to manage inventory requirements
• Produce regular reports on purchase commitments.
• Oversee the operations and daily activities of the purchasing department
• Continuously monitoring, evaluating and improving supplier performance.
• Sourcing the most competitive supplier, comparing best option for single area.
• Forecast price and market trends to settle the company purchasing budget and identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power, Discovering profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
• Perform cost and scenario analysis, benchmarking and control the procurement budget.
• Developing relationships with distributors.
• Reviewing tenders and bids.
• Vehicle fleet Management, from the supply point of view, and after assignment management.
• Set up and maintaining proper system for monitoring procurement performances vs market trends
• Willing to relocate to Saudi Arabia
• Proven experience as Purchasing Manager or other relevant roles in Food & Beverage suppy chain
• Proven experience in sourcing and vendor management
• In-depth understanding of vendor market research methods and analysis
• Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
• Fluent English, other languages knowledge appreciated (Italian, Arabic), but not mandatory.