ASSISTANT TRAINEE JOB DESCRIPTION
If you are interested in this position and are already registered, click Apply. If you haven’t registered yet, click Register and fill out the form to apply for this role.
Profession: ASSISTANT TRAINEE
Rotation: UNEVEN 56/28
Vessel type: Offshore Construction Vessel
Placement: PIPE LAYER
▪ Coordinate specific activities with a group of construction crew in compliance with Project specification, in order to ensure efficient performance and respecting HSE and Quality procedures and practices.
▪ Where a 1st Assistant is not assigned, have overall responsibility during own shift for work and construction crew under the direction of the Offshore Construction Manager
▪ Assist the 1st Assistant (or the Offshore Construction Manager where a 1st Assistant is not assigned to the vessel) with regard to interdisciplinary coordination of specific activities on board
▪ Supervise a group of construction crew, directing foreman and / or supervisors, with regard to the various disciplines/categories of construction and assembly work, in order to comply with the quality and safety standard
▪ Ensure that the 1st Assistant and the Offshore Construction Manager are kept fully informed of potential problems and construction status
▪ Where required, liaise with Chief Mate, 2nd Engineer, Vessel Equipment Engineer and subcontractor's supervisors to ensure adequate coordination for the activities under own remit
▪ Ensure that the Permit-to-Work system for construction crew is adhered to and ensure that the daily Tool Box Talks and JSA, if required, are carried out according to the procedures
▪ Motivate construction crew/subcontractors with regards to health, safety and environment awareness
▪ Ensure the compliance with the standards dictated by QHSE policies and safety procedures, in order to perform the activities in a safe manner
▪ Report incidents and near-miss events
▪ Provide a construction report at the end of each shift
▪ Assist the Vessel Field Engineer in the follow up of project equipment and consumable, operation and monitoring of the stinger and JLT
▪ Ensure the rigging gear used is within date and properly marked
▪ Report to the 1st Assistant or directly to the Offshore Construction Manager if the 1st Assistant Superintendent is not assigned to the vessel
Technical High School Diploma, Civil/Mechanical/Electrical or Naval Engineering educational background and fluent in English (B2 or above).