VESSEL FIELD ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION
If you are interested in this position and already registered, click Apply. If you haven’t registered yet, click Register and fill out the form to apply for this role.
Profession: VESSEL FIELD ENGINEER
Rotation: UNEVEN 56/28
Vessel type: Offshore Construction Vessel
Placement: PIPE LAYER
• Provide on-site engineering services to the Project Manager or Offshore Construction Superintendent to assist in the achievement of project objectives, according to the plan/procedures developed by the engineering project team.
• Work in staff with the Offshore Construction Superintendent and report to him.
• Perform all tasks assigned by the Offshore Construction Superintendent, in direct contact with the Offshore Construction Assistant, the master and the chief engineer.
• Monitor construction/installation etc. progress to ensure acceptable quality of vessels operations.
• Perform methods of installation when required in offices.
• Perform maintenance methods when required in the offices.
• Utilise the electronic daily progress report to monitor and record the actual vs planned activities.
• Verify sub-contractors performance and assess their operation performance.
• Liaise with the project personnel to ensure smooth job preparation and field operations.
• Perform yard activities supervision for the offshore construction.
• Liaise with asset management for the contract monitoring of the assets.
• Ensure the application of project engineering in the construction activities.
• Liaise with Client technical representative for all engineering matters.
• Perform all possible technical verification on field.
Bachelor’s (preferably Master’s) degree in Engineering Naval, mechanical, or Civil
Fluent in English
2 or 3 years of prior experience in the oil & gas business
Willing to start a career offshore on a construction vessel for 3 to 5 years, then continue career offshore or in office (location worldwide) as Project Engineer
To apply for this position you need a WORKING EXPERIENCE in OIL & ENERGY, OFFSHORE CONSTRUCTION