MARINE PILOT JOB DESCRIPTION
If you are interested in this position and are already registered, click Apply. If you haven’t registered yet, click Register and fill out the form to apply for this role.
Profession: MARINE PILOT
Rotation: Uneven 90/30
Vessel type: LNG Tanker
Placement: LNG TANKER
Provide marine pilotage to all types of vessels in harbour area. Marine pilotage includes approaches channels navigation, harbour movements.
1. Channel Pilotage: Provide marine pilotage in accordance to marine best practices and International Maritime Pilot Association (IMPA) Guidelines, on 24x7 basis, to both hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon vessels transiting through narrow channels at all times ensuring suitable Under Keel Clearance (UKC).
2. Harbour Pilotage: Responsible for the safe berthing and unberthing of all vessels with the aid of tugs on a 24x7 basis without supervision, within set parameters, and totally at his own discretion with regards to different operational conditions.
3. Team Leader: Instruct the Berthing Master and advises the ship's Master to ensure the handling and safety of the ship, terminal equipment and all personnel whilst the ship is within the jurisdiction of the concession area.
4. Port representative: Acts as CCS Representative on all vessels, always ensuring safe operations.
5. Emergency preparedness: To be fully conversant with and able to apply emergency procedures to act as first responder and on scene commander until relieved.
6. Port facilities development: As an expert advisor, assists in preparation of documents relating to marine operation requirements such as tugs and pilot launches, dry-docking of vessels as well as assist in new projects providing valuable expertise on marine related issues.
7. Assignments as directed: As instructed by Operations manager to undertake assignments related to port operations.
8. Training : Provide training to national developees and new recruits as instructed by Operations manager.
Vessel Type: LNG Tanker
▪ STCW required certificates, National CoC Reg. II/2 and endorsement, Master Mariner (FG) class I EXPERIENCE:
▪ Extensive sea going experience as officer of the watch with at least 5 years experience on large size vessel.
• Extensive experience as Pilot on all types of ship.
• Excellent English language skills
For apply to this position you need a WORKING EXPERIENCE in MARITIME
For apply to this position you need a WORKING EXPERIENCE like MARINE PILOT